On Thursday, March 4, 2021, Attorney Tim Francavilla presented a Memphis Bar Association (MBA) seminar titled, “Criminal Law Section: Marijuana & DUI Laws,” along with Assistant District Attorney General Vanessa Murtaugh. The course was hosted via Zoom and worth 2.0 General CLE Hours.
The discussion and learning objectives of the seminar include:
- How and if blood tests prove impairment
- The meaning of probable cause
- Can probable cause be effectively obtained through field sobriety tests (FSTs)
- How to prove marijuana impairment with no statutory standard (since there is no BAC equivalent for cannabis)
- Trial strategy for marijuana DUIs
Established in 1874, the MBA is a professional organization for lawyers in Memphis and the surrounding Midsouth area, providing leadership, networking, and accredited CLE events for all attorneys. Each lawyer must complete up to 15 hours of CLE per year.
With more than 25 years of legal experience, Attorney Francavilla has an exceptional track record of success helping clients facing DUI charges in Memphis and throughout the state. He is also certified in DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.
If you or a loved one has been recently arrested for an alcohol- or drug-related DUI in Memphis, do not hesitate to contact Francavilla Law Firm today at (901) 979-9992 for skilled and personalized legal representation.